Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Intro..

This is an introduction to the book I have been asked to write by several friends over the last five years.  I will attempt to write a concise piece about my life and about my reversion to Islam.  (called reversion because it is written in the Qur'an that everyone is born Muslim) 

I will attempt to explain why I feel some of things that happened to me happened and why somethings I had to learn to leave well enough alone.  My life has been a big adventure some say.  To me, it has been a test.  The entire time.......

From the time I was conceived it seems that satan did not want me in this world.  My mother, who had already lost several babies, had my brother seven years before me.  She had a hard time holding me she tells me often.  Spent most of her time in a 'dark room' so I wouldn't abort.  Then the time came to deliver and she says I didn't want to come out.  Looking back, I can see why.  The world is cruel and inside mom it is nice and warm and safe.

Safe.  That world has come to mean more to me than I can even begin to tell you.  I don't know of anyone that can understand.  However, I will attempt it here. 

I was born in the begining of 1972.  It was a time of flower power, baby boomers, women's rights, feminism, etc.  My parents, one of hispanic and one white were dairy farmers.  Starting their own journey on the path of finding religion and God.  They lived in a small town (a village those in europe would say) in south Texas.  A culture of mostly hispanic with a few whites thrown in there.  As usual the whites dominated everything though there were a small group.  This made it difficult growing up as neither the hispanics nor the whites would accept me.  At the tender age of 5 when I started kindergarten I quickly learned the harsh reality that is racisim.

I will continue to write about my life growing up, being sexually molested, getting through school, being a 'gifted child', gettin married and divorced, joining the army, and finally finding what I had been seeking all those years.  The right path. 

I hope you will follow as I write.  This is to help me get started on writing my book.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I pray you all have a good day.  Ma'salama! 

No comments:

Post a Comment